All About You in 52, Question 33

I have always been fascinated with my heritage. Finding photos, gathering stories, setting up genealogy trees. I want to know what my people have accomplished. I like learning about the little things. My Great-grandmother Thomas (in photo below) would offered a visitor a melon. If she gave you a green melon she liked you, if she gave you a yellow/white melon she did not like you. LOL

I love learning about physical traits through photos. Who’s hands did I inherit or where did I get my eyes. What part of my character is similar to a family member.

The question this week has a two fold purpose. Find a family photo current or old. Look it over. Do you see traits in them that are reflected in you? Also label who is in the photo. I have photos back from when photography started and I don’t know who is in the photo. I know there is a set of great-great grandparents and four great grandparent, but who is in the rest of the photo. Sad. We need to document now who is in the photo before it is too late for our great-grandchildren to figure out.

Question

What trait or traits did you inherit from a
family member?

My Answer

Journaling

Joseph Hershal Thomas
“Grandpa”
My Grandfather’s family. The smallest boy is my Grandfather Thomas. Grandpa was a quiet man. One thing I inherited from him is my love if quiet time. Grandpa walked the fields humming and singing Amazing Grace. I would watch him as a child and he always seemed thoughtful and peaceful. I love my quiet times. I don’t have a field to walk, but I have a swing that faces the sunset. I remember and often sing Amazing Grace.

Ingredients

Pattern Paper: Websters Pages’ Creative Imaginations
Inks: Tim Holtz’s Distress Inks, Linen, Photo Vintage, Mahogany, Rangers Archival Ink Black
Maya Road Mask
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Creame de Chocolat
Flower?
Tim Holtz Fragment Tags
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint
Sakura’s Glaz black, Gelly Roll Clear Ctar
Tools: Tim Holtz Ruler, Making Memory Paper piercer, Fiskars Rotary Trimmer

RAK for last weeks All About You is Michelle. Congratulations. I’ve noted more folks doing the catch up. You have to know how exciting it is to know it is important to you to complete your book about YOU. You are special and important to those around you. You are doing a great job telling your story.

Dare: Everyone that completes this week's question and if you do any catch up questions post your link in the comments of THIS post and everyone will be in the drawing for next Monday. The catch up layout has to be complete during this week.

Winner of Fiskars Friday is

Carol N said...
First of all, I can think of a couple of things I would try with the floral tool. I would use yarn and make tassels for the top of children's winter hats. I would also try making tiny bows to put on shoelaces on sneakers.

Also, I'd love to see Glimmer Mist techniques. Thanks.
Congratulations and send me your snail mail at DeborahL591@yahoo.com with what you won in the title.

From Debby
I released the secret to about 240 people who are suppose to keep the secret while I’m in the finishing touches phase. If you want in on the secret early, sign up for my newsletter (top right hand side). You will find out the whole thing!!!!

Also some hints will be given on unKit’s broadcast tonight at 9:30 EST on ustream which is a live broadcast. We chat, ask questions and respond to Sudie as she is broadcasting. Get there early and sign in. I might be doing a little giveaway from the “secret!”

A quick recommendation. Many stampers/scrapbookers are putting their stamps in CD cases. I've done it and have many of my acylic stamps in CD cases. It took my son and I forever to get done what we have. I have a Clip It Up and decided how much easier it would be to just put my stamps on the Clip It Up. I don't lose the orginal packaging and they are much easier to find.


If you live in the Lexington, SC area, Scrapbook Heaven carries the Clip It Up. If not click on the photo above to go to scrapbook.com to see the information about the Clip It Up.

Events Coming Up

>>County Fair Crop, all Fiskateer invitation, Columbia, SC; September 12
>>Charlotte, NC September 26. Contact Jen at Oh, Scrap to register. I can’t wait to see old friends and make some new friends.
>>Scrap Pink Crop with the Fellowship of Scrapbookers, Lexington SC, October 3rd

Gratitude List
1. Sweet Rest
2. Strength to make true and right decisions
3. My character is measured by God
4. Safety for my family as they travel
5. God’s wonderful sense of humor and creativity!

Comments

  1. Oops! I just posted my latest 'catch-up' layout down on question #25 but I'll do it again here! http://www.angie-muchadoaboutnothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see that people are catching up and I want to say Thank you again for making me do this book. I was with two of my God Daughters this weekend five and four and I often thought about how some they will be able to see this book and learn more about their Nina Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my page done for the week and you can find it here:


    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/46599/


    TFL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Yipeeee.... I'm caught up with my Lo's , I love this chellange, keep them coming.. even though it takes me 4 weeks to catch up... Love all your LO's... Thanks Mariah....http://www.fiskateers.com/community/myprofile/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 more layouts closer to being caught up!
    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/46740/

    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/46739/

    http://www.fiskateers.com/community/photo/46738/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished question #26. I'm posting it here because the quick links on the side bar are gone(?)

    http://www.angie-muchadoaboutnothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!