Debby's Dare Demo: Fragment Friendship Plaque

Can you tell I’m excited about Artful Legacy Stamps? I’m heading over to Scrappin’ Creations (Columbia, SC) this morning to take a class from Artful Legacy. This is a great way to start my Saturday!

Debby’s Dare Demo is actually on Artful Legacy’s blog this week. The project is a Fragment (Tim Holtz) Friendship Plaque. What makes it unique is that I actually stamped and then embossed the image with Ranger’s Queens Gold embossing powder. When you flip the fragment around you can see the stamped image as well as the gold embossing powder giving it a wonderful effect.

(click on image to see details)

When the embossing powder is heated and melts it spreads out just beyond the ink on the stamped image. When you turn the fragment around you see the details of both the black archival ink and the gold embossing powder. Ta Dah! Magic! Cool, huh?

Warning: embossing on a fragment takes time and patience. If you don’t you will end up melting your fragment into weird looking shapes. Watch the video on Artful Legacy’s blog to see how to emboss on a fragment.

I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day tomorrow. I hoping to relax and enjoy my children and grandchildren and make some memories!

To my Mom:

(Mom and Tabitha at the Wedding)
Happy Mother’s Day…I Love You

Gratitude List
1. Mom
2. being a mother, the hardest and best job in my life
3. Tabitha, you bring me much joy
4. Jacob, he is awesome
5. God’s continued grace even when I don’t understand

Comments

  1. oooooooooooo tfs that technique. i'm gonna have to try it. and what a great photo. woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned the hard way. I melted a fragment :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!