Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

I’ve gotten up, had my bath, walked the dog, watered the flowers outside, grabbed my coffee and now I’m here. All of you were on my mind when I woke up this morning. To all my fellow sisters and brothers…

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!
I wanted to show you a few firsts for me. My very first scrapbook page does not exist anymore. The paper crumbled through the years. I started when I was about 8 years old. Believe it or not it was my dad that got me started in Scrapbooking back then. Dad was an avid photographer and he journaled on the back of his photos. I still have the memorabilia just not the page. Sound like a project to me.


Here is what I thought was just a fun page I did for my son’s Homeschool Yearbook. LOL You know, I would not change a thing. I love it.




Here is my first scrapbook page that started it for me. I had decided to create books for all my children. With the help of a great teacher Angie Schuster and the encouragement of people like Susan Wolfe, Linda Heyward, Carolyn, Slain from Two Owls, Patti Milazo who cropped at the same store I cropped and was the one who really pushed me to go for it all and so many more, I have had the ride of my life scrapbooking.




This is a book I made for Tabitha's wedding rehearsal dinner.  It is a book of Wisdom.  Everyone signed the inside with martial advice and well wishes.  I'll show you the inside when I get the photos in the book.  Everything is already designed I just need to print, adhere, take a photo, and give it to the bride and groom. 




Here is what our Craft and Hobby Association is saying about Scrapbooking/Cardmaking:


According to the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) about 35 percent (or 40 million) of the 113 million U.S. households scrapbook, rubber stamp or make cards and spent approximately $4 billion* in 2009 on scrapbook, “Memory Craft” and other paper crafting products.


....there are now well over 1.3 million scrapbook bloggers,
....thousands of scrapbooking events,
....dozens of magazines dedicated to scrapbooking.
Many of the major cruise lines now offer special scrapbooking cruises.
Tens of thousands of people across the country participate in special scrapbooking parties and retreats, called “crops,” where they get together to “scrap,” socialize with friends and family, and create new memories.

According to CHA research* most people craft for one or a combination of these key benefits:
1. Sense of Accomplishment
2. Relaxation
3. Memory Keeping
4. Health
5. Economy/Value
6. Recommended by Friends or Family
7. Enables Spending Time with Others
8. Interaction with Children
(*CHA Attitude & Usage Study – 12/31/2009)


Are you amazed? I’m not. My passion and love for paper crafting let’s me know I’m not alone.

I will have a Debby’s Dare Demo this afternoon later. I’ve been asked so show you how to make “dog tags” like I did for the wedding. I’m more than excited to show you.

Everyone enjoy your day of making memories and scapbooking. Maybe I’ll see you at the Fiskateer site later today.


Gratitude List
1. my granddaughter’s 6 years in my life
2. my years of scrapbooking
3. friends that have come into my life and stayed because of crafting
4. creativity
5. God’s grace and love evident in my early morning rounds.

Comments

  1. Beautiful projects! Happy NSD to you! Vicki Fiskateer#4014

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects Debby loving that wisdom book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 1.3 million scrapbooking blogs, wow I better get moving if I want to check them all out.

    Happy NSD to you Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I have recently completed a scrapbook for my grandaughter from her high school freshman year, through graduation from highschool this year and want to have a dedication page but don't know what to write..any ideas would be appreciated...my e-mail is jvannortrick@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!