Found: One Wonderful Treasure

I found a Treasure. A few years ago my mother gave me most of the family photos since I’ve become our family keeper of memories. One photo I always wished I had was that of my Great-Grandmother Mandy Owens Thomas. I was told that I met her once when I was very little and it wasn’t too long after that she passed away.

I was looking for inspiration in my photo boxes about a week ago when I found this really faded, dingy, messed up photo. I recognized my Grandmother so I decided to play with it on Photoshop.

As I began the process of trying to clean up the photo I saw my mother emerge then Great-Grandma Thomas. Low and behold at the end up in one of my uncle’s arms was ME! How exciting. The one photo I had always wished I had I now have it. Hurray! What a blessing and inspiration.


This layout is full of techniques and textures.


I used a quilt pattern belonging to my mother to make the top left hand paper piecing. I made the flowers from her quilt patterns as well. The buttons are Jenni Bowlin’s.


Another fun technique is using notebook paper. I spritzed the paper with Tim Holtz’s Distress Ink refills Tea Dye and Scattered Straw. I dried it with my heat embossing tool. It was simple to run it through the computer. I would recommend that you spray the notebook paper with Super Seal Acrylic Sealant Spray-6 Ounces by Creative Imaginations.  It is a liquid laminate that totally rocks. I keep several cans around.  It is wonderful to preserve those newspaper clippings as well as many other items that might not be so acid free. 

You never know what you can discover on the path to inspiration!

Gratitude List
1. no headache this morning
2. continued peace in Christ
3. family
4. hope in God’s path for me
5. mercy that only God can supply


Comments

  1. this is wonderful!! what a find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was super find...and your page is so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading posts like this almost makes me want to paper scrap again (but not really!). Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool to have all those memories, your layout is amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A "wonderful treasure" indeed Debby! Fantastic layout! Thanks for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great treasure and how wonderful your layout is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TracyM #67731:17 AM

    Special memories and wonderful treasure Debby - great layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Treasure indeed! How wonderful you know how to "bring out the best" by photoshopping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!