Pressing Towards the Goal

I'm doing well with my studio.  It's pretty much put back into place.  My husband is going to make a shelf unit that will sit under my table where my Circut Imagine is placed.  It will sit under the end of the table and not be any wider than from the leg of the table and the outer part of the table.  It should fit my electronic cutter accessories and cartridges.  We'll be working on that together tonight. 

Three ideas I really loved from the comments and I would love to see photos were
     ...the Hutch by Marianne.  That is doable in my studio
     ...Peg Board by NickelNook.  I've seen this before but I'd love to see what you did with the idea
     ...the towel rack for punches.  I've never heard of this.  I would be very interested in seeing photos.  Leave a link or send a photo and I'll be happy to share it here if it's okay to Debbysdare@gmail.com.

Accountability
I've cleaned up.  Organized ongoing projects.  My mind is even clearing a bit and I'm seeing glimpses of projects I want to do.  The big news it that I finally completed my first Design Team project for Glue Dots® Adhesives Design Team.  I'll be sharing that very soon right here on Debby's Dare.  Different but cool! 

I also completed a project that my dad made for my husband when we became engaged.  Dad made a wonderful book of photos of me growing up.  It was simple, but Dad took the time to create it and thought it was very important for Jimmy to know me.  One problem was Dad put the photos in one of the "deadly" magnetic books.  The book had already yellowed.  The photos seem okay but I'm sure there was some damage. 

I took the photo out of Dad's book and put them in a safe album in the same order and way he made it for Jimmy.  I loved Kaiser Craft's paper and it was beautiful with the older photos of me growing up.   I took a photo of Dad's book and I'm using Photoshop Elements to write the story of Dad creating the book onto the photo to include in the new book that I hope lasts several lifetimes. 

Here are a few simple pages I transferred to the new book.  The handwriting is my Dad's.  FYI:  you don't know how hard it was not to go in and design new pages and add embellishments.  I wanted the spirit of Dad's intent to remind unchanged.


I'm excited that I finished the project and now I'm ready to move on for more inspiration.

Step Two
Inspiration
There were so many great ideas in the comments about finding inspiration.  Three were dominate:
1.  Photos
2.  Internet Blogs and Galleries
3.  Magazines and Books
I'm going to start with number 3.  I'm spending some me time at Barnes and Noble or Books a Million this afternoon to do some reading and browsing.  Do you have a favorite book or magazine that really inspires you?  Share it with me via the comments and I'll look for them over the next few days.  I'll certainly share back some wonderful inspiration that I find.  All that comment are entered in the drawing at the end of this journey that you designed for me.  So far so good guys.  Thanks.

Inspiration from a Friend
I know this will make this post long but I thought it was important when I'm looking for my inspiration.  Ruth sent me a devotion that she receives every day written so many years ago by the great theologian Charles Spurgeon.  I wanted to share it with you.

Faith's Checkbook by C.H. Spurgeon
http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml
==================================================================
The Divine Light in Darkness
For thou wilt light my candle. (Psalm 18:28)

It may be that my soul sits in darkness; and if this be of a spiritual kind,
no human power can bring me light. Blessed be God! He can enlighten my
darkness and at once light my candle. Even though I may be surrounded by a
"darkness which might be felt," yet He can break the gloom and immediately
make it bright around me.

The mercy is that if He lights the candle none can blow it out, neither will
it go out for lack of substance, nor burn out of itself through the lapse of
hours. The lights which the Lord kindled in the beginning are shining still.
The Lord's lamps may need trimming, but He does not put them out.

Let me, then, like the nightingale sing in the dark. Expectation shall
furnish me with music, and hope shall pitch the tune. Soon I shall rejoice
in a candle of God's lighting. I am dull and dreary just now. Perhaps it is
the weather, or bodily weakness, or the surprise of a sudden trouble; but
whatever has made the darkness, it is God alone who will bring the light. My
eyes are unto Him alone. I shall soon have the candles of the Lord shining
about me; and, further on in His own good time, I shall be where they need
no candle, neither light of the sun. Hallelujah!

Gratitude List
1.  a beautiful morning
2.  rest and peace
3.  safety of my friends
4.  find inspiration in God's Word
5.  God's Light

Comments

  1. Love that your Dad took the time to make your spouse a book. What a loving gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and sweet gesture for your dad to make this gift your husband to be. I love that you are taking time to preserve it!!! Love all your ideas and cant wait to see your newly organized space. I like to look at any scrapbooking magazine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you kept your dads handwriting when transferring to a new album. What a special treasure that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debby! I'm glad you're intrigued by my pegboard idea! I really do love it! I took some pictures of some of mine and posted it on my blog. Keep in mind I didn't do a clean-up first but with pegboard it can look pretty good! Here's the link:
    http://thenickelnook.blogspot.com/2010/09/pegboard.html
    Let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to know what you think!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!