Pushing Forward Towards the Goal

Yesterday was an extraordinary day for me, Jim and Jacob.  Jacob was chosen to represent his High School along with another student Aaron to be delegates to "South Carolina Students Honoring Valor" Conference.  The theme was "Beyond Valor." 

We met, listened and watched some of the most incredible people and honored South Carolinians Medal of Honor Recipients.  We heard their stories of true Valor.  It was incredible what these men did in securing our freedom.  All the Medal of Honor recipients were from WW II except one from the Vietnam era.  I was amazed and speechless.

Jacob and Aaron with Maj. Gen. James E. Livingston

Me and Jacob with Col. Charles P. Murray, Jr.

My Journey Continues and Giveaway
I got most of the studio cleaned yesterday.  Hopefully, I'll finish it today.  I did come up with a way to store my Cricut and Slice cartridges.  Now to get Jim to make it!!  LOL

I am beginning to feel the mojo returning but I'm going on to the next step on Wednesday.

Giveaway Reminder:  Leave a comment (today on your favorite storage idea) and you can be entered into a drawing for a collage of My Minds Eye summer release paper.  Here's a taste.


I'm off to AC Moores this morning to hold our Tuesday morning crop.  These ladies that come are some of the most wonderful crafters and people.  Anyone in the greater Columbia area are welcome to join us from 9:30 to 12:30 (mostly 1:00).  The cost is only 5 dollars. 

Gratitude List
1.  our men and women in the military now and then
2.  Jacob
3.  the privilege and honor of meeting true men of Valor
4.  knowing God in our own foxholes
5.  To God be the Glory for the Things He has Done

Comments

  1. Love the papers! They are so cute! Right now, my fav storage is my cropper hopper for papers. I love them! it is such space saver for me. I know i need to order more. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby! My favorite storage idea is peg board! I love it and have it every where. Everything is totally organized...plus you can see where everything is! So many cool hooks and pegs and other products to aid in keeping everything where it can be easily at hand. Peg board is fantastic!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat honor and special day for all involved.
    Sorry I can't give you any storage ideas as I am struggling with that very same issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love my paper storage folders to separate my brands or colors etc. I also love rods for ribbon (or baskets). I've got little metal buckets to hold my copics. I love those for my storage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool photos! Great memories!
    Storage: I have my letter stickers in a hand-made basket--pretty and ready to flip through in an instant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...very cool! Great pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute paper!!
    My favourite storage idea is using towel racks to hang my punches on. I love being able to see all of the punches and have them easily accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a really neat experience for your son and you. I HATE reorganizing but it feels so good to get it done. I still LOVE the plastic containers that stand up to hold patterned papers and solid cardstocks. I love how easy it is to find what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get my spices at Target in the clear bottles, and when the spices are gone they are ideal for storing brads, buttons, eyelets and more. And I even embellish them on the outside with patterned paper so they look cute sitting on the shelf in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite storage idea is a having my ribbons on plastic cards and they fit in a drawer from Cropper Hopper. I love their storage ideas and I also LOVE my Making Memories embellishment center and desk caddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is wonderful that Jacob was chosen to represent his school at a function that special! Those men he met deserve our praise and recognition and I think it is so great that Jacob, at his young age, has learned this. I wish every American (including me!) had a chance to meet a MOH recipient. What a special day!

    No RAK for me this time around, since I just won.

    My favorite organization idea is the hutch-like unit I have on my craft table. I have a small space and I knew I had to go up with my storage. Since I do have a small space, I have to clean up after every project, or I am just crazy when I am working on the next!

    Good luck! I hope everything has found its way to where it now belongs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!