Countdown!

We are in countdown mode.  Jay moves to his college dorm in 15 days.  He is the last of my "babies."   He has become more than Dad and I could have ever hoped or dreamed.  He has become a man of integrity, laughter, honor, respect, fun (only Jay would wear a purple squid hat on his senior trip!), passionate, and hard working.  Okay, now I'm crying again.

I've been going through photos and mementos of his childhood.  It will take me another lifetime to scrap them all...to tell the stories. 

The Story
The photo is of Jay and a couple a friends on their Air Force JROTC trip this past year.  One place they visited was the Museum of Aviation.  Jay's dream is to fly for the Air Force.  This was a real treat to be able to see and sit in some of the airplanes of the past.  This is another page of his story.

The Layout
What I Learned
  • I cut out the "NASA" symbol from one of Jay's photos.  I forgot about the wealth of elements and embellishments  you can take from a photo.  In the early years I did this all the time.  I guess some things never go out of style.
  • I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this paper.  I purchased Bo Bunny's Blast Off because it was so darn cute, but it was way out of my style and comfort zone.  I have learned through this journey to try and look at something from a different angle.  Stretch the imagination.
  • The pieces under the rosette are cut from several design of another sheet of their Blast Off paper.  I wanted something sort of "spacey."
  • Journaling was fun using my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio.  I printed out what I wanted to journal and place an epoxy cap on each word.  The clear epoxy actually ended up sort of magnifying the words.  It was a bit hard to figure out how to lay the journaling and I don't know if I'm satisfied with it the way it is, but this will not be a redo!
  • I layered of Bo Bunny's paper with cardstock for the border strip but I wanted to add a little metal look for the theme of the layout.  I added a strip of Silver Outline Stickers just under the orange cardstock. 
  • Have fun with your layout.  I'm starting to really like the "cutesy" look.  It really lifts my spirits and leaves a bit of laughter and fun when you are finished.
I'm heading out to a scrapbook crop tonight.  This is the first time in years I've been to a crop where I'm not in charge.  I'm really going to scrap.  I hope to see and catch up with old friends.  I really hope I complete several layouts.  I was always known to be the one who could do the least amount of layouts at a crop.  I was proud of my title!

Have a Crafty Weekend!

Gratitude List
1.  sanity
2.  God's provision for Jay's college expenses
3.  opportunities to share
4.  God's gift of Little Honey in my life
5.  the wonder of God's creation

Comments

  1. I love all the details and the big circle - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool layout!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout,I love the red and the title is perfect. Congrats on raising such a wonderful young man and good luck to him at college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats it must be exciting as i have one in high school in his senior year then off to college.. I hope he hoping for the Military

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, congrats on raising a great young man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!