Getting Into Shape: Using "Shaped" Photos On Your Layout

Another fun layout using "shaped" photos.  The design is Helmar's September sketch challenge.   Connie Mercer did such a fab job with it on her blog I could not resist giving it a try.

The Story
Little Honey is having a great time in her Walker.  This day I happen to have my camera and she just accomplished getting the walker up on the living room rug.  She was a bit proud of herself.  I love this face.  She shares so much through that expressive little face.  

The Layout

What I Learned
  • I had to practice with my Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap to get the design I wanted.  I didn't just want a sprayed over look.  I wanted spots large and small.  If I pushed down on the spray nozzle ever so slightly I get little splatter.  The quicker I push the nozzle the more fine the spray.  I was finally satisfied with the background design.
  • I used my Fiskars Circle Cutter (check out the page "My Demo Picks for a demonstration) to get the different size photos.  What a relief I didn’t have to have a ton of templates or punches.  I learned to first print and cut out your photos on a plain piece of paper in a draft quality.  I laid them out on the page to make sure I had the sizes I wanted.  Afterwards I printed and cut the "real deal."
  • I used Clearsnaps Chalk around the edges of the round shaped papers.  It gave me a finished look.  The chalk dries quickly.
  • I added Epiphany Crafts #14 Round Shapes.  I used a scrap of leftovers, coordinating paper from a previous project, to make my own personalized round epoxy shape embellishment.
  • Again, no paper layering and there is multi-photos going on here!
  • I like the way the sketch is designed to catch your eye and take it from the top to the bottom.
 This was certainly the best fun.  Then scrapbooking Little Honey is easy.

Have a Crafty Day!

Gratitude List
1.  Little Honey
2.  Hannah Dannah
3.  every breath I take
4.  safety in travels
5.  the undeserved grace, mercy, and love of God

Comments

  1. very fun indeed! I too struggle to get mists to behave properly. Takes practice and a bit of luck I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circular photos, seems like a great way to add lots of photos to a layout without it looking crowded. I think you did a great job with the misting too. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great layout! Very fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute... I love all the circles and the spritz... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the circle photos! Brings me back to the early days when we shaped all our pics! LOL! Loved it...and the spritz work!- Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. love using scraps too!!! Love the circles nad the EC rds~super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a cute layout...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page. Way cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!