Altered Record album Album Page 1|Mixed Media

Page one was a challenge on this old 1949 manila style paper.  The tutorial on how to do the paint and wax is on YouTube by Cheryl Waters, Fiskars Craft Ambassor and Mix Media Artist

This is my take on her tag.  The first photo is a bit more brilliant on the color than the original.  I was taking photos late at night.

Ingredients:  Bo Bunny Serenity, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Tim Holtz idea-ology clock face and spinner; Distress Inks Peacock Feathers, Fire Brick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain; Suze Wienburg Bees Wax and Melting Pot; Ali Edwards Stamp "dream" and Ranger's Archival Ink; Fiskars USX Butterfly template and Asian Inspired Stamps.


Tip:  if you brush your wax on too thick in one area let it cool and then use Kandi's Hot Wax Art® Stylus
to smooth and spread it out for a more even spread. 

Tip:  I have a lot of the plastic dividers from scrapbooking ArtBin storage pieces.  I cut one down to size, slipped it in the pocket that houses the record in order to keep any medium from bleeding through or seeping through the center hole.  Worked great!

The records are not altered.  I wanted keep the records intact.  The music was composed by Freda D. Miller in 1943 and record in 1949.  They are actually housed in three different museums and I found where several collectors have them listed as part of their collection.  The records are Accompaniment for Dance Techniques and are not circulated.  This is how it is listed in the Library of Congress:   Accompaniment for dance technique pf 1 c Mar 8 1943 E unp 326464 Freda D Miller Mew York 7213. A piece of history I don't want to destroy.  It's fun finding out something about these albums and it will be interesting to pass the info down to my granddaughter who danced for years as a young child. 

I would love a comment and I'll add you to the drawing at the end of the month for the Jenni Bowlin Studio giveaway here at D's Paper Studio.  I invited you to follow via Google or email D's Paper Studio.  The information is on the left side of the blog.  Thanks!!


Have a Crafty Weekend!






Gratitude List
1.  some ease in my jaw pain
2.  LH eating well today
3.  Omi Safdi
4.  a wonderful homecoming since hubby was off work today
5.  God's blessing of all my children and grands

Comments

  1. Love the butterflies!!! Using wax can be so much fun and you did an amazing job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never worked with the wax~if it is stored in a warm room, will it melt of get soft? Love all the techniques and goodies you put on the album folder!!! great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it would have to be a pretty hot room. I have never had problems. I will post a few links were I learned how to work with it. The best place/person is Suze Weinburg and Ranger.

      Delete
  3. I too never used wax....looks like fun! Great embellishments on this project - love the butterflies :) Thanks for the story too - interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! Love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun project! Elizabeth Ruuska did one for our memorabilia book several years ago and it's still one of my favorite projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, the butterflies are so pretty, and I'm glad you kept the record intact. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours & I love the butterflies too. I'm pleased the records will be preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! You lost me at "wax," though! My efforts have been pretty disasterous. What a treasure you are passing along to your beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! What a crafty idea... I am not sure I'm brave enough for wax, but you've planted a seed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!