My Little Voice said "Keep It Simple"

After doing the fabulous and adventuresome project of my altered album I felt like I needed to do something very simple.  I have these photos of Little Honey at the Pink Chalk House at the zoo that I really wanted to put in one layout.  I decided to still be a bit adventuresome for me and do a double page layout.

Make sure to click on the photo for a closer view.

Ingredients:  background paper Kaisercraft; Jenni Bowlin Core'dinations; Heidi Grace photo corners; Fiskars Jenni Bowlin Scalloped Banner; Bag O' Buttons; Jenni Bowlin chipboard button, Ali Edwards stamp "today"; Spellbinders Persian Motifs; Tim Holtz ribbon; PSE photo editing and journaling.

I believe the thing that kept going through my mind was "tell a story."  I wanted the photos to tell the story of Little Honey at the Little Pink Chalk House at the zoo.  The inside of the little house is painted with the chalkboard paint and the zoo supplies plenty of chalk.  It is an incredible piece of children's art.

Little Honey was not sure about the writing on the walls.  It's not a thing we do at home.  She got the hang of it and even had fun drawing on the windows and playing "peek-a-boo" with me.

I really didn't do anything special other than type my journaling on the photo.  I went from white on the dark part of the photo to black on the lighter part of the photo.

I also stamped on the Spellbinders die cut.  The problem and the trick:  I cut the piece out of the Jenni Bowlin Core'dinations that is embossed.  In order to get a clean stamp I had to sand it flat without loosing the words and messing up the surrounding paper.  With a little patience I was able to do enough to get a good stamped image. 

This has to be the simplest layout I've done in years, but I love more than many others.  I love that the photos tell me a story of how much fun Little Honey had that special day with grandma.

Giveaway
Only a few more days until I draw one winner for the Jenni Bowlin Studio $20.00 gift package.  Everytime you leave a comment your name goes into the drawing.  I will include your name again if you "follow" the blog and/or sign up to get D's Paper Studio via email.

For the extra giveaway of the Fiskars Jenni Bowlin border punch we haven't reach the magic number yet.  You can help by spreading the word.  The more comments the closer we come to the secret number (which I wrote down at the beginning of the month...so it's safe).


Have a Crafty Day!






Gratitude List
1.  God's grace for strength
2.  an amazing granddaughter
3.  sweet hugs and kisses
4.  smiles and laughter at the end of my day
5.  listening to His "still small voice"

Comments

  1. LH is just growing up too fast! We are so blessed to be grammas of toddlers who love us and with whom we get to interact regularly! Your scrapbooking inspires me! I want to tell stories like that! I will! I will! :o) Emailing you a photo. Letting you know, so you won't be afraid to open it!
    Suzi #5563

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice~I'm a big fan of simple, sometimes simple is in order!!! Perfect!!!! LH is growing so much!! she is just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You told a very sweet story indeed! Such a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable, Debby! And yes, time flies. My DD is 11 and some days it seems like she was just Little Honey's age. :) Very sweet two-pager. I love how you embellished the blocks of PP with the photo corners and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, a chalk house, what a fab idea, I want one! She looks so cute, I'm impressed she wanted to clean up afterwards! Lovely page for the story. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super cute layout. Love the story you told with photos and all the elements you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun page and that house is a child's dream come true. Good on you for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so sweet! Love the pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:43 PM

    so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so stinkin cute!! I love that you got so many pictures on there and the journaling on the photo is very cool! Your granddaughter is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a darling double! How precious is she!!!!! I love that she wasn't sure about writing on the walls and wanted to double-check with y'all. What a sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those pages. Simple, but color block works well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great simple 2 pager! I'm really liking your photos! Thanks for sharing your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!