Fast and Furious...end of Summer as School Begins

Fast and Furious.  That is what this week has felt like.  I made a promise to my Little Honey to create a Zoo Book for her little hands.  The last zoo book was for her dad.  I also told my daughter I was making a summer book for LH.  What was going to be a little book that has turned into a full fledged scrapbook stuff to the brim.  I'm not even finished!

I had a difficult time picking a layout to share today.  But I thought this was a fun one.  This is LH's trip to see her Uncle graduate with his doctorate.  A very special time and visit followed. 

My challenge, not only with this page, but with all the pages is that I have to pick the photos I want to scrapbook.  I can not scrap them all.  Honestly, there are hundreds of photos from this summer.  So for the next few weeks you are going to see A LOT of multi-photo layouts. 

Here is one of my favorites thus far:

One thing about multi-photo layouts is that it doesn't leave a lot of room to paint, ink, tear, etc.  So you have to get a bit creative with the small space.  I love the layers of paper and punches under the main photo.  But the photos themselves are out of this world.

Ingredients:  My Minds Eye paper, title, and flower; Maya Road chipboard words; Tim Holtz ribbon, Vintage Photo Distress Ink and trinket; Ranger Picket Fence Paint Dabber; Fiskars and Maratha Stewart border punches.

My life is still going 90 miles an hour as we prepare for the birth of another granddaughter.  My son and his wife live with us and so this is a major change in our lives for a baby to be introduced.  LH heads to school in two weeks so I'm working on getting all my "kissies" before she is officially a big girl.  Jay leaves next Sunday for ROTC orientation and basically will be gone for college as he moves into the dorms the day orientation ends.  Mom/Grandma is not great at change and this is a huge change. 

Update on my husband's nephew:  as you know he was infected Eastern Equine Encephalitis.  At last update "Eddie has been doing good, improving a little everyday. We took our grandparents (my husband's parents) to see him on Friday. It was difficult for them, but encouraging at the same time. My dad said that Eddie turned his head slightly when he called his name this morning and he did this a few times. We still want him to wake up completely"  For those praying, that is our prayer:  for Eddie to wake up completely.  Thank you.

Have a Crafty Day!







Gratitude List
1.  sanity
2.  a time of rest and catching up
3.  great friend in Ruth
4.  watching God's people pray and the results of a merciful God
5.  thankful that the darkness can not stand in the light
6.  Brandon!

Comments

  1. Continued prayers for Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos on the layout! Great layering too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pics on my blog
    http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-won.html

    of my new and organized Art Bin!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea for a layout!!! love the sytle and design. loving the row of flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page - very exciting to be soon having a new granddaughter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and the layout is adorable. Sorry to hear about your nephew. In Massachusetts we have been having news reports nightly about the mosquitos and virus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout, I am a huge fan of multiple pic layouts. I will definitely say a prayer for your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debby, I still can't comprehend how you do so much and still have time to be super creative!! Love your layout. I can't ever use just one picture. It's like playing favorite! :o) So I really appreciate what you've done here. Thanks for all the ways you inspire me! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!