Everyday is an Adventure ... Polaroid Film Frames

I am fortunate to be able to spend so much time with my grandgirls.  I've been with Little since she was about 6 or 7 weeks old.  Now this little girl is not a baby but a student, a zoologist, Micky Mouse expert, artist, history buff, and especially an expert in ABC's and 123's.  I pulled together a few photos to help me and Little to remember our adventures together.

Let's Break It Down
Bo Bunny's Ambrosia paper collection
Blue Fern Studio chipboard flower
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Picket Fence, Distress Ink vintage photo and peacock feathers, ruler
American Crafts Thickers, pop dots
WeRMemory Keepers twine
Jenni Bowlin Studio's round letters
Fiskars Round 'n Round squeeze punch, Micro-tip Scissors
X-ACTO Series Z craft knife
Buttons, Polaroid film

Notables
The Polaroid frame was created by using some old Polaroid photos ... (30 years old).  I used my X-ACTO knife and Tim Holtz ruler to cut out the photo.  I peeled off the backing of the frame to remove the strip from the empty chemical pod.  Pull the strip out.  Since I'm not saving the the picture I don't have to worry about the picture being damaged.

If you are concerned about the acidity of the frame there are sprays that can "raises the pH level of acidic papers and slows the aging process."  Here's one by Krylon that is sold at JoAnn's.

Here is a cool site where you can do some fun things with Vintage Polaroid Photos.... A tutorial on Polaroid emulsion lifts with integral film.  Basically, a "how to" separate the parts of the Polaroid photo and use what they call the emulsion layer ... or the photo itself ... and can use it for ART!  I have got to try this.  Remember, if you do this, scan your photo first.

I'm no expert in Polaroid film, but I am an expert being a daredevil.

It's fun revisiting the my childhood, teen years, and into the beginning of my marriage...all through the eyes of a Polaroid!

Have a Crafty Day!



Comments

  1. Oh, Debby. This is wonderful! My new favorite of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I LOVE those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, what an adorable little girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout! I love scrapbooking in that sense when you can capture a moment to look at and remember through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is brilliant..love that you used real poloroid frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow gorgeous!!! Love the added embellies' on the picture!! Very clever and cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!