She Is My "Serendipity" Moment...Layout- Bo Bunny

Hidden beneath this little Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Pokemon loving self is this beautiful, soft, gentle, kind and loving little girl.  She is my serendipity moment every time I am with her.  Full of unexpected surprises that delight my soul.  A gift from God.

What better paper collection than Bo Bunny's Serendipity to capture her 3rd birthday.  My daughter is the photographer.  Ali surprised us all with her gentle approach to her photo shoot.  Love it.

love
Important Notes
The frames are from Technique Tuesday.  I "catawamped" the frames.  I placed the frames down first then built the layout.  Probably, I would mark where I wanted the frames then create the layout without the frames saving them for last.  The frames caused my eyes to focus on the line of the frame instead of the line of the paper.  It was harder to see if the photo and other elements were straight on the page.  I used a ruler, measuring several times to make sure it was straight.
Fussy Cut:  the feathers and birdhouse were cut by hand.  I love the details of Bo Bunny's feathers in this paper collection.
The chipboard butterfly is from Blue Fern Studios.  I covered it in gesso, adding a touch of Distress Ink spun sugar, peeled paint.  I wiped Glossy Accents across the painted area and let dry.  Next I stamped words on the butterfly then splattered a bit of gesso thinned with water over the butterfly. 

Prima Flowers are showcased.  Even the fabric rose is one of their "Say It With Crystals" products.  I added a little white paint to the centers to tone down the black. 

"love" is Heidi Swapp's punch.  I punched a yellow and the soft/pale pink "love."   I adhered them together slightly off from one another to create a shadowed accent. 

A hidden touch.  Where the frames intersected and it created a space I added left over pieces from Kaisercraft's Hanami Garden Collection.  Actually, until this second I didn't realize I picked up Kaisercraft's paper.  Matched beautifully.

She is fun every moment of my life.  I can't believe she will be 5 years old soon.

TODAY...what has been your Serendipity Moment?

Create Memories / Pass Them On




Comments

  1. Love the frames and the fussy cutting! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Debby! So lovely and dreamy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGee she's soooo precious and pretty. Love the dreaminess too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!