You Are Here ... with Graphic 45's Safari Adventure

I saw this photo of Little (my granddaughter) and nearly died laughing.  I remembered I had a cool title from Heidi Swapp "you are here."  Doesn't it work?  I tired again to do a bit more mixed media on my layout...some success and some not so much.  I could not help but chuckle my way through the layout because of the photo.

(Excuse the lighting...I'll blame the sun, you can blame the timing of the photo on me.)

you are here
Notables
Graphic 45 Safari Adventure collection
Heidi Swapp "you are here"
Tim Holtz mini mask compass, distress ink vintage photo and hickory smoke, layering stencil, Thinlits Travel Words, clear stamps Big Numbers
Giraffe Stamp 
Gesso
Fine Touch acrylic paint
I was trying to make a cloudy shadow around the top and bottom pieces.  It didn't work so I used Tim Holtz's layer stencil to create a giraffe-like background for the save. 
Due to lighting you can't see the stamped words on the "you are here" title.  It is very faint but enough it takes the starkness away from the color.
I added a double compass...one a mask (starting to learn more how to use these) and a cut out from the Graphic 45 paper.

I love my Safari Adventure from Graphic 45 and my Little for giving me such wonderful photos to make art.

Any advice on taking photos of layouts in the house or late in the day?

Create Memories / Pass Them On


Comments

  1. Very, very cool!!! Looks amazing. Sweet picture of little!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold and bright. Love the mixed media details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful page, Debby! The background paper couldn't be more perfect. :) If you'd like to see how I photo my layouts, I wrote a blog post about it a few years ago. http://www.lisarukinswift.com/2013/12/project-set-up-and-photo-taking-process.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect papers!! and you can never go wrong with G45. How cool up close and personal with the cat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!