Back-To-School Teacher's Gifts

I used my remnants of Graphic 45's ABC Primer to create a few teacher's gifts. In the last post I was working towards using ALL the pieces of the ABC Primer.  I have a page I created for 1st Day of School picture, but I have to wait for the photo.  Now I am working with more scraps to create a couple of teacher's gifts.

This first gift is a magnet.  As I worked on this idea I saw a similar one that Pam Bray (Design Team member for Graphic 45) made from the same collection.  Great minds think alike!  You can see Pam's creation at Scrapbook Flair.

 Notables
ABC Primer collection from Graphic 45
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Rock Candy.  I went over the illustration of the children with crackle and added a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Don't use too much crackle.  A little will do.  It is hard to get a photo because the crackle reflects light.

Prima Flower and buttons.
Tim Holtz roses and stars.
Bo Bunny butterflies from Enchanted Harvest.
Martha Stewart micro beads
Maya Road pins
I have large sheets of magnets.  I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium matte to adhere the paper to the magnet.  The medium gives it more pliability than the Glossy Accents.

The second teacher's gift is just fun.  Send this with your child filled with snacks so their teacher can get that sugar to get them through the day!
I gently took apart a McDonald's french fry container and traced out the pattern onto the ABC Primer paper. I put it back together using Ranger's Glossy Accent.  I used bits and pieces of ABC Primer to create the school scene.  I added the math flash cards to pencils and stuffed it with with Chips Ahoy and Oreo's for a quick snack.  You can add gift cards and more to appreciate your child's teacher anytime of the year.

Now I'm down to tiny bits and pieces.  SOOOO...I ordered another pad of the ABC Primer.  LOL  I love this timeless collection.

Today is the day.  Total Eclipse Monday.  I live in the totality plain and I plan on enjoying the marvelous event.  God's creation on display.  The part of the event I am most looking forward to is all the stars we should be able to see when there is total darkness. If you are watching make sure you wear your certified protective solar glasses.  Also I recommend Solar Eclipse Timer App.  Check it out for iPhone and Android.

Inspired to Create, Encouraged to Try
 


Comments

  1. Lisa Rukin Swift has left a new comment on your post "Back-To-School Teacher's Gifts":

    The teachers will adore these wonderful creations, Debby! Graphic45 collections were made for your beautiful style. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!