Don't Be In A Hurry To Grow Up! with Bo Bunny's Country Garden

Another milestone for my granddaughter.  She turned five.  She started Kindergarten.  She's a "big" girl.  Along with her birthday comes the annual photo shoot by her Aunt TatTat.  When I saw this photo of my son and his daughter my heart melted.  I felt a little older and a lot blest.  With Bo Bunny's Country Garden and a bit of mixed media, how could I not create something special for them?

US
Notables
Bo Bonny's Country Garden Collection
Tim Holtz Thinlets Tiny Tattered Floral, Distress Oxide fossilized amber, Distress Ink spun sugar
Darice Stencils Butterflies
Momenta Feathers stamps
Twinklets Diamon Dust
Buttons, White Acrylic Paint
Photos by Tabitha Safdi Photography
The three lower half butterflies are part of the paper.  I added the stenciled butterflies and accented them with two butterflies that I fussy cut from another sheet of Bo Bunny.
My centerpiece, the Tattered Floral circle, was so much fun and EASY to make.  The dies are graduated, several different types of florals and Tim even includes a tool to make it easy.  It was a bit of trial and error.  If you get a chance to see his video check out the Video of the Week in the sidebar.  I think you will find it fun.
I accented the floral arrangement with little white buttons which came with that .25 cent kit (LINK) along with Momenta Feather stamps.  I found the word/phrases that I used at a "yard sale."  They are twist ties!  I vaguely remember these.  I use them just like I would any sticker phrases/words.  Xyron's sticker maker is in my top 10 supplies I can't live without.


Handyman's Holiday Hop
October 5-8
I just visited a Youtube Hop that had incredible altered brushes.  This is a challenging but fun creative opportunity.  I hope you join us for our first annual Handyman's Holiday Hop.  Here is the catch:  All the brushes are altered to represent one of the holidays between Halloween and the first of the year.  There are going to be some wonderful brushes and ideas for holiday decor and gifts.  Join us. 

I will be happy to send you our badge.  Just email me at dspaperstudio@aol.com.  I've disabled the right click in order to keep my work a bit safer.  If you have any questions about what about my work first check out the "Legal" in the heading of my blog and feel free to email me for further information.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try


Comments

  1. Beautiful page. What a keepsake for them to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy pretty :) awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!