Spooky vs Cute

I have struggled with all the wonderful Halloween paper collection on the market for years.  The style I like was always TOO scary.  I broke down this year and made it a little "spookier" with my cute grandchildren.

BOO-ED at the Zoo
My four adventurers ready to trick or treat at the zoo.

Notables
The background (banner and three tags) was inspired by Irene Tan.  She is an artist I greatly admire.
Bo Bunny Wicked collection
Graphic 45 Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Distress Ink, Sizzix, Stencil
Finnabair's Brown Rust Paste
Double Photo Mat
This is what you do when you print one size too large.  Make it your background mat.
 I pulled out my collection of buttons to add a fun element.
The fun in using multiple tags is each one can be designed differently.  I added the photo of my littlest grand because his back was to the camera in the main photo.  The main photo was so fun with little brother seemingly taking the lead for trick or treating.  LOL
Using Tim Holtz Speckle stencil I add the "speckled" background with the Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I added bats I fussy cut from another sheet of paper.  The branch was created with Tim Holtz's Branch and Bird die and painted with Finannabair's Brown Rust Paste.
You can see the texture the paste adds to the branch.  Love it!

Halloween is upon us.  I hope you have a fun and safe day.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 

Comments

  1. Very spooky - love the page and the picture on picture. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome page~love the button art, looks spooky!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!