Technique Twists with December Daily Part 4

One bright, cheerful, celebratory.  Another golden angelic.  Two 8 x 8 pages to add to my December Daily Album and many more techniques that YOU can add to any layout.

Wish, Joy, Magic
The Nutcracker weekend is over.  Ms. Regina Willoughby, principal dancer for Columbia City Ballet and the girls dance teacher gathered together her students for a final photo on the stage and a moment of pride for Ms. Regina and all the children.

Notables
Bo Bunny Carousel paper collection
Tim Holtz Thinlets snowflakes, Holiday Flashcards, jingle bell brads, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Prima flowers
Fiskars scalloped border punch

I saw a similar technique with the straws using twine...I decided to hook onto the idea but used washi tape instead adding Tim Holtz's jingle bell brads and flashcards.

I fussy cut the graphic from Bo Bunny's Carousel.  The "ribbon" and "candy cane" are one piece.  I added Tim Holt's chitchat. I love this color combo from Bo Bunny!

 Another hanging flashcard with a few rhinestones added to the Fiskars scalloped border.

Flowers and snowflakes seem to be opposites of each other but I've always loved photos and paintings of flowers popping up through glistening snow.  I just think of snow and flowers together.

Cherubs...Free Spirit (s)
The sweet cherubs all together backstage waiting for the final curtain.  It was my opportunity to snap a photo of all the girls together.  Photo 1, 4, and 5 are my grands.

Notables
Bo Bunny Carousel Collection
Tim Holtz chitchat, roses, hearts
Prima flowers and bling
American Crafts rose ribbon
Martha Stewart doily

Sweet cherubs need flowers, bling, and everything sweet!  Many times my embellishments are about how I remember the feeling of the moment I took the photo.

I cut a ballerina from white cardstock and added the American Crafts rose from their ribbon to create a skirt.  My granddaughter said I needed a cherub halo, so I added Queen and Co. pearls.  Good call, Ali!

Techniques For All Seasons
Create fun with straws, think outside the box.
Combine seasons like flowers/snow or snow and beach maybe spring colors for a Fall day.
Use the design on your paper to make your own embellishments.
Create a mood or an emotion through your embellishments.
Make your own embellishments like cutting out a dancer ... no die cut or stamp...and use what you have to create the look / theme of your layout.

I love my DD, but I have been stockpiling odds and ends to create so many projects.  When I am finished with this project I will be springing out of December and jumping into Spring.  I'm excited!

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try




Comments

  1. Beautiful pages!!! Love the idea of making the cards kook like a banner~perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree beautiful pages and your little cherubs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonderful layout, filled with magic! Love the paper straw hangers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!